16 Jun 2021 QuickBooks Online Pricing Changes – July 14
Authored by: Hal Rosen, CPA, Haynie & Company Partner
Intuit announces changes in QBO pricing and the Wholesale Discount Program
There are significant changes announced by Inuit that increase pricing, the first increase in two years, and remove the current Wholesale Discount Program. However, those enrolled by July 14, 2021, will stay on the old Wholesale Discount Program. It is very important to make any changes before July 14, 2021. This includes upgrades and downgrades from current subscriptions, such as upgrading from QBO Essentials to QBO Plus or downgrading from QBO Plus to QBO Essentials.
QuickBooks Online Essentials, Plus, and Advanced prices will increase:
- On July 15, 2021 for all new subscriptions.
- On or after Aug. 1, 2021 for existing client-billed subscriptions.
- On or after Sept. 1, 2021 for existing firm-billed subscriptions (current wholesale discount).
- QuickBooks Online Essentials will increase from $40 to $50 per month.
- QuickBooks Online Plus will increase from $70 to $80 per month.
- QuickBooks Online Advanced will increase from $150 to $180 per month.
The wholesale discount will be discontinued. Intuit is launching a new discount program.
- The QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Payroll, and QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) wholesale discount is being discontinued for new subscriptions, upgrades, and downgrades on July 15, 2021.
This means those who are subscribed by July 14, 2021, will be grandfathered in under the old program which offers a better discount.
- Intuit is launching a new discount program called ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing. Discounts from this new program will apply for new customers, upgrades, and downgrades added through QuickBooks Online Accountant beginning July 15, 2021.
This is a 40% reduction in the current wholesale discount program and will no longer be offered by Haynie & Company except for those that are on a subscription plan that includes bookkeeping. There will be an Intuit 30% discount direct bill plan offered by Haynie & Company which is good for 12 months.
Wholesale discounts for active subscriptions added prior to July 15, 2021, are not changing.
ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing will apply to subscriptions added, upgraded, or downgraded through QuickBooks Online Accountant on or after July 15, 2021.
Multi-company offer details
The QuickBooks Online Plus price will increase for the parent company of existing bundles beginning Sept. 1, 2021. The new promotional offer will become effective on July 15, 2021. Please note it often takes several days to set-up a multi-company plan so it would be best to initiate it by July 8, 2021.
Multi-company pricing for those established by July 14, 2021, will see an increase in the “parent” company pricing beginning September 1, 2021, and the “child” companies will remain the same through the five years starting on the set-up date of the multi-company at $5, plus tax. At the end of the five years, the current wholesale discount will apply.
New multi-company set-ups on or after July 15, 2021, will be subject to the new pricing structure with the decreased discount on the “parent” company and with an increase on the “child” companies to $20, plus tax. This discount will be available for 2-years and then will increase to the new ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure.
The multi-company set-up is only available to new QBO enrollments and does not include companies currently enrolled with QBO. All “parent” and “child” companies must be enrolled together and we must get Intuit approval in advance of the set-up.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT TO TALK?
Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your specific situation.