22 Jan 2021 Utah Compact on Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Haynie & Company proudly signed The Utah Compact on Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Utah leaders created this compact to acknowledge racism and commit to ending it. As an organization, Haynie & Company rejects all forms of racism and injustice. We fully support our employees, clients, and friends in the fight against systemic racism.
The leaders at Haynie & Company are committed to fighting racism and discrimination. We will continue to implement anti-racism personnel policies and ongoing racial-equity training. Please join us in creating a culture of acceptance and justice. We are all in this together.
Therefore, we commit to, and invite other Utahns to commit to, these anti-racist principles and actions:
1. Acknowledgement and action – We acknowledge that racism exists, and our actions make a difference. We call out racism wherever we see it and take purposeful steps to stop it.
2. Investment – We invest our time and resources to create greater opportunity for people of color. Eliminating racial and ethnic disparities requires our significant effort and investment.
3. Public policies and listening – We advance solutions to racial ills by listening and creating policies that provide equal opportunity and access to education, employment, housing, and healthcare.
4. Engagement – We engage to effect change. Broader engagement, equitable representation, and deeper connection across social, cultural, and racial lines will uphold the principle – “nothing about us, without us.”
5. Movement, not a moment – Utahns unite behind a common goal to create equal opportunity. We affirm our commitment will not just be a passing moment, but a legacy movement of social, racial and economic justice.