20 Mar 2020 Tax Filing Deadline Now July 15
Tax Day Moves from April 15 to July 15
This morning, the Treasury Department announced the federal tax filing and tax payment deadlines are now July 15, 2020. We expect states will also extend their tax deadlines, but this is not yet official. Additionally, 2020 first and second quarter estimated tax payments are also due July 15.
Despite the federal deadline extension, we encourage you to file your taxes as soon as possible. This will allow you to receive refunds, plan ahead for tax payments, and comply with state deadlines.
Our Virtual Offices are Open!
Serving you is our top priority. We are proud to have secure technology in place that enables our team to serve you well from any location. Although our physical office buildings are closed until further notice, our virtual office is open and thriving. Haynie employees are available by phone and email during normal business hours.
- Plan to submit your tax documents and efile authorization forms electronically
- We recommend using ShareFile to securely share and receive documents electronically
- We will send your efile authorization forms electronically via RightSignature/DocuSign
- Plan to communicate with us over phone and e-mail. We receive all voicemails left on our office extensions.
- We are available to meet with you over the phone or through video conferencing such as Zoom, FaceTime or other programs.
- Scan your documents. Check out the numerous scanning Apps available for Smartphones.
Stay tuned for more information as developments are happening very quickly. We are here to help. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Stay safe!