An investigation conducted to verify financial records, transactions, and other internal workings of a business is called an audit. An audit may be performed internally (by an employee of the company) or externally (by hiring an independent party.)
It’s a common misconception that audits only happen when suspicious activity is detected. In reality, an audit is no reason to feel anxious. In fact, routine audits are great for building trust, as they allow potential investors of a hedge fund to gain a better understanding of the fund’s operations.
Benefits of a hedge fund audit include:
- Attract new institutional investors
- Catch and correct errors
- Exercise due diligence
- Establish trust and transparency
- Discover growth opportunities
- Provide appropriate verification
- Ensure compliance and avoid legal trouble
- Establish, standardize, and review methodology
If you are a fund administrator in search of reliable fund audit services in Las Vegas, we’d love to speak with you. Read below for more information about Haynie & Company’s fund auditing services in Las Vegas, NV or contact us now to get started!